Re: Hash Clustered Table Question - One More Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:14:25 -0400

"Dereck L. Dietz" <> wrote in message news:lNj3k.5485$
> I'm reading Tom Kyte's Expert Oracle Database Architecture about Hash
> Clusted Tables and have a question about something I'm obviously
> overlooking.
> I've never used hash tables before but wanted to experiment. I have a
> small lookup table with only 110 rows. If I make that into a hash
> clustered table will the hash key suffice or would I also have to include
> a primary key?
> Sorry if this is a simple question but I must be overlooking the obvious
> somewhere.
> Thanks.

It looks like if I'm going to have a Hash Cluster I'll have (1) the table and (2) the cluster. When I size the objects I know how to size the table. I take it I'd be correct in sizing the cluster for the size of the Hash Key column? Received on Tue Jun 10 2008 - 19:14:25 CDT

Original text of this message