Hash Clustered Table Question

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 20:20:34 -0400

I'm reading Tom Kyte's Expert Oracle Database Architecture about Hash Clusted Tables and have a question about something I'm obviously overlooking.

I've never used hash tables before but wanted to experiment. I have a small lookup table with only 110 rows. If I make that into a hash clustered table will the hash key suffice or would I also have to include a primary key?

Sorry if this is a simple question but I must be overlooking the obvious somewhere.

Thanks. Received on Mon Jun 09 2008 - 19:20:34 CDT

Original text of this message