Periodic restart DB recommended or no ?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:15:30 +0200
Usually, what are the reasons why you have to stop and restart the database ?
Perhaps, for somes maintenance like :
- check integrity of the database ?
- cleanup the buffer (SGA/PGA) ?
- reduce the problems related the DB processes ?
- cleaup the redo log file ?
- make a clean system backup ?
- resize tablespace, segment or update redo log file... ?
so, i would like to list the main actions recommended requiring a stop of the database.
Could you advice please.
Thanks a lot
Regards Received on Sun Mar 30 2008 - 07:15:30 CDT