Re: help tracking down root of high executions.

From: Steve Howard <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:43:34 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 11:06 am, Ben <> wrote:
> AIX 5.2 64bit.
> I've got a few sql statements that are being executed once every
> centisecond or so, according to an AWR report. I can see the type of
> program that is executing the statement but our ERP system is setup in
> a way that pretty much everyone gets the same database user name, so
> it's hard to track down where or what is executing the statements.
> With my knowledge of our ERP and our database in general I can't of
> anything that should be executing this rapidly.
> What would be a good way to attempt to find out exactly what is
> causing this?

Hi Ben,

In the past, I have just selected everything from v$session where the sql_id = the one of interest. If it is your ERP, it may set the module or action elements of the v$session structure and show you at least what may be causing it. The machine in v$session may also be different than your ERP application servers.

If it started out of the blue, I have also seen it be due to a recent patchset, or custom developer install, so I would check that also.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 10:43:34 CST

Original text of this message