Re: help tracking down root of high executions.

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:28:37 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 11:17 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Ben wrote:
> > 10.2.0.2 AIX 5.2 64bit.
>
> > I've got a few sql statements that are being executed once every
> > centisecond or so, according to an AWR report. I can see the type of
> > program that is executing the statement but our ERP system is setup in
> > a way that pretty much everyone gets the same database user name, so
> > it's hard to track down where or what is executing the statements.
> > With my knowledge of our ERP and our database in general I can't of
> > anything that should be executing this rapidly.
>
> > What would be a good way to attempt to find out exactly what is
> > causing this?
>
> What is the SQL statement?
>
> If you don't know then try this:
>
> SELECT * FROM TABLE(dbms_xplan.display_cursor('dpcugg8dz3y5k'));
>
> Substituting your sql_id for the one above.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

Here are the results from the select you posted. If I select * from v $sql for that sql_id it returns the statement that I see in the awr report.

SQL> SELECT * FROM TABLE(dbms_xplan.display_cursor('g4pfx2dzf81xp'));

PLAN_TABLE_OUTPUT

SQL_ID: g4pfx2dzf81xp, child number: 0 cannot be found Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 10:28:37 CST

Original text of this message