Re: help tracking down root of high executions.

From: Ben <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:28:37 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 11:43 am, Steve Howard <> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 11:06 am, Ben <> wrote:
> > AIX 5.2 64bit.
> > I've got a few sql statements that are being executed once every
> > centisecond or so, according to an AWR report. I can see the type of
> > program that is executing the statement but our ERP system is setup in
> > a way that pretty much everyone gets the same database user name, so
> > it's hard to track down where or what is executing the statements.
> > With my knowledge of our ERP and our database in general I can't of
> > anything that should be executing this rapidly.
> > What would be a good way to attempt to find out exactly what is
> > causing this?
> Hi Ben,
> In the past, I have just selected everything from v$session where the
> sql_id = the one of interest.  If it is your ERP, it may set the
> module or action elements of the v$session structure and show you at
> least what may be causing it.  The machine in v$session may also be
> different than your ERP application servers.
> If it started out of the blue, I have also seen it be due to a recent
> patchset, or custom developer install, so I would check that also.
> HTH,
> Steve

I tried this and did find a session with the corresponding sql_id. That user is at lunch right now though.
There are several other statements with the same kind of issues, they look to all be originating from a few servers that are our terminal servers for our users. The sessions all seem to be idle for some time. every now an then when I run the select a random session shows up but just briefly. Received on Mon Jan 07 2008 - 11:28:37 CST

Original text of this message