Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 03:42:16 GMT

>> I clearly disagree with the statement that BHCR is meaningless. This has
>> been discussed several times before. I won't waste any more energy.
>
> Disagree all you wish Connor proved this clearly and decisively many
> years ago. And it should come as no surprise that Connor is one of the
> most capable, and respected, Oracle technologists on the planet for a
> reason.

I do not know who this Connor guy is. Did he really say BHCR is meaningless? I would love to see his proof.

>>> I recall your flame wars with Daniel Morgan, which only served to
>>> establish *you* are NOT a 'savy professional' but just some *arrogant
>>> idiot* (of which we have already way too many here).
>>
>> What did we discuss? Was I wrong? I have no interest in becoming what you
>> call a "savy professional", because that really amount to exactly, an
>> arrogant idiot.
>
> Beats heck out of being one an not being a savvy professional. <g>

Not really given the meaning of "savvy professional" here.

> If you wish to be taken seriously, and you think Connor's proof invalid,
> by all means demonstrate your case with a replicable test environment
> and metrics.
>
> If you can produce it then you don't have a case and should buy lots
> of books from Rampant.

I think the burden is on you to prove BHCR is meaningless. Maybe the issue here is reading too many books and articles. Received on Wed Aug 15 2007 - 22:42:16 CDT