Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:13:17 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:

> I clearly disagree with the statement that BHCR is meaningless. This has
> been discussed several times before. I won't waste any more energy.

Disagree all you wish Connor proved this clearly and decisively many years ago. And it should come as no surprise that Connor is one of the most capable, and respected, Oracle technologists on the planet for a reason.

>> I recall your flame wars with Daniel Morgan, which only served to
>> establish *you* are NOT a 'savy professional' but just some *arrogant
>> idiot* (of which we have already way too many here).

> What did we discuss? Was I wrong? I have no interest in becoming what you
> call a "savy professional", because that really amount to exactly, an
> arrogant idiot.

Beats heck out of being one an not being a savvy professional. <g>

If you wish to be taken seriously, and you think Connor's proof invalid, by all means demonstrate your case with a replicable test environment and metrics.

If you can produce it then you don't have a case and should buy lots of books from Rampant.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington