Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:03:59 GMT

>>> Do you really think so? Yesterday I had a customer spouting flames
>>> because of a RAC database coming down to a crawl due to buffer busy
>>> waits in conjunction with both instances updating the same table over
>>> and over again.
>>> Nothing to be seen from the BCHR.
>>>
>>> But then of course BCHR is a MIPS (Meaningless Indicator of the
>>> Performance of the System).
>>> Savy professionals (a favorite phrase of Don) know better.
>>>

>>That is a common mistake of "savy professionals" - overlooking the basics
>>and thinking they know better.
>>

> Assuming you are such a 'savy professional' 'Mr' Jones, why didn't you
> notice throwing memory at the problem doesn't help?

It can help sometimes. But what does that have to do with anything?

> On another note: If you think *you* know better, why don't you
> contribute a *working* example of the Burleson strategy?

Did I say anything about his strategy? Yet another assumption.

> You have a track record of lurking and only chiming in when you can
> flame someone with the drivel like you posted above.

I clearly disagree with the statement that BHCR is meaningless. This has been discussed several times before. I won't waste any more energy.

> I recall your flame wars with Daniel Morgan, which only served to
> establish *you* are NOT a 'savy professional' but just some *arrogant
> idiot* (of which we have already way too many here).

What did we discuss? Was I wrong? I have no interest in becoming what you call a "savy professional", because that really amount to exactly, an arrogant idiot. Received on Fri Aug 10 2007 - 21:03:59 CDT