Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:33:22 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:
>>> I clearly disagree with the statement that BHCR is meaningless. This has
>>> been discussed several times before. I won't waste any more energy.
>> Disagree all you wish Connor proved this clearly and decisively many
>> years ago. And it should come as no surprise that Connor is one of the
>> most capable, and respected, Oracle technologists on the planet for a
>> reason.
>>

> I do not know who this Connor guy is. Did he really say BHCR is meaningless?
> I would love to see his proof.

This Connor guy?

You mean THIS Connor guy don'you?
http://www.oracledba.co.uk/index.html
http://www.oaktable.net/pageServer.jsp?body=members.jsp

Next are we going to see "This Mogens guy" or "Who the heck is this Kyte guy? BHCR is meaningless. Totally meaningless. The only reason anyone pays any attention to it is that it has been promoted ad nauseum by the self-anointed to the clueless.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington