Re: continuation...

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:59:52 +0200

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:42:34 -0700, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>In your country perhaps. Here at least 60% of my customers
>are either in 10g or will be by year's end. Only a very
>small percentage are in 8.1.7.4 or below.

In the Netherlands companies are very reluctant to upgrade. The majority is still 8i and 9i. We have only one or two 10g customers. We have several customers moving away from Oracle as they find Oracle rips them off.
We have one customer with 3rd party sw for which the vendor still doesn't have a 10g compatible release available. Needless to say running 9iR2 on the newest AIX release is not a party.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA