Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:47:09 -0700

Noons wrote:
> On Jul 16, 11:54 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

>> I've got what I hope is a better idea ... send the list to me
>> describing how to test each and every one of them and I promise to
>> open an SR on any that are not fixed in 11g within one week.

> Here is another good idea:
>
> before you start spouting how "incompetent" dbas are, that
> don't blindly install the latest buggy rubbish over their working
> production systems, why don't you go to Metalink and
> do some searches there for the problems I mentioned?

I've yet to see you mention a single problem though I've invited you to do so.

Rather than spitting into the wind pick the three bugs that bug you the most and send me code that will demo the problem.

If you aren't willing to do so then I guess the bugs aren't as important to you as the angst.

What I find interesting about the complaints about how terrible it all is ... is that somehow, in spite of all the problems, every major bank in North America is still in business. Amazon.com is still in business. Boeing is still making airplanes. Insurance companies are still selling and servicing policies. And every hospital in this region is still opening its doors to patients. Makes me think that, just perhaps, you've lost a tiny bit of perspective.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington