Re: here's a good one from dizwell on the recent product launch

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:36:10 -0700

On Jul 16, 11:54 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> I've got what I hope is a better idea ... send the list to me
> describing how to test each and every one of them and I promise to
> open an SR on any that are not fixed in 11g within one week.

Here is another good idea:

before you start spouting how "incompetent" dbas are, that don't blindly install the latest buggy rubbish over their working production systems, why don't you go to Metalink and do some searches there for the problems I mentioned?

While you're there, search also for problems with ANY of the new features that have been promoted ad-nauseum here by the marketeers, for 9i and 10g.

Oh yes: check out also all bugs for 10.2.0.3, the latest available version. And check the release notes for the latest application software from Peoplesoft and Peopletools.

Same for JDE and all the others. Check how many db patches are required to get the darn things going.

You know: occasional searches in the bug database might enlighten the marketeers about what is happening.

And it might also alert them to the constant buggy rubbish that the "expensive and incompetent" dbas have to put up with, for years on end!

Don't expect me to do Oracle's work, I won't. Go to Metalink and do something useful: pass the bugs you find to Oracle's management.

And start asking: why is it that in 10.2.0.2 there are still bugs being fixed for features first announced in 8ir3!

You want folks to push their management to move to the latest releases? How about you LISTEN and start making them more stable? Received on Mon Jul 16 2007 - 20:36:10 CDT