Re: Corrupt System table

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:12:35 -0000

On Jul 5, 5:56 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:51:56 -0700, Paul wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > We had some corrupt blocks in some of our data files. I have managed to
> > sort these out. However, I used DBV to check all data files that were on
> > the same disk and it came back with 1 corrupt page in the SYSTEM table
> > space.
>
> > The segment is called IDL_UB2$
>
> > The DB concerned is a test DB with customer databases, therefore we do
> > not back up the database. I could just export all the user data,
> > recreate the instance and re-import, but if I can avoid this I would
> > like to.
>
> > I have looked in metalink but I cannot really find out what this table
> > is, or what it is used for.
> > Can anybody explain it to me, and tell me whether I can just use a
> > script to rebuild the table?
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> > Paul
>
> Paul, this table is used to store descriptors of various things
> in PL/SQL procedures. The "UB2" stands for "Unsigned Byte -2", an
> equivalent of the "unsigned short" declaration in C language. There
> are also sb2 and sb4 tables. IDL stands for "Internal Data Loader".
> That being said, I believe that the database recovery is your only
> option.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

I believe in this context IDL stands for "Interface Definition Language" as used in DIANA specification. Since IDL_* tables store parsed DIANA, their content is expendable. Actually, utlip.sql script happily deletes from these tables before recompiling the PL/SQL, which will populate them anew.

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 13:12:35 CDT