Re: oracle management server

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:15:35 +0200

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:27:37 -0700, pjmayzs_at_gmail.com wrote:

>I have oracle 9i management server in win xp,
>I have oracle 9i database in server sun(solaris)
>
>I start enterprise manager configuration assistant ..that is ok ,
>perfect no problem.
>I start agent control in server sun, it's ok..
>I login oracle management server, it,s ok.
>I insert new machine in nodo (ip) , is ok , but i see database
>'world' ???????? is not my database, where is my database..
>
>I Need backup database.
>
>Thank, us

Let's outline how everything works together.

1 agentctl reads /var/opt/oracle/oratab and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora and $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin'/listener.ora to generate snmp_ro.ora snmp_rw.ora and services.ora
2 The management server communicates with the agent, the agent sends services.ora to the management server.

Your last paragraph is very unclear. Generally speaking you shouldn't use hardcoded IP adresses. Secondly 'world' is not your database, unless either your oratab or your tnsnames.ora has a definition for 'world'. You need to verify the configuration files I outlined in 1)

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA