Oracle RAC installation "shared raw logical volume"

From: <nkrishnamurthy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2006 05:23:40 -0800

Hi,

I'm new to the Oracle RAC. I'm looking at hardware and software requirements for installing RAC on solaris (SPARC). Can someone familiar in the area please explain about the storage options for Oracle CRS, Database, and Recovery Files. One of the option specifies the storage option could be 'shared raw logical volume'. Does this mean we can use NFS mounted file systems?

Another question i've is can some one give the simple storage option we can go for installing Oracle RAC for understanding/testing purpose with two database instances in the cluster.

Thanks,
Krishna Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 07:23:40 CST