Re: Oracle RAC installation "shared raw logical volume"

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2006 11:37:54 -0800

nkrishnamurthy_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the Oracle RAC. I'm looking at hardware and software
> requirements for installing RAC on solaris (SPARC). Can someone
> familiar in the area please explain about the storage options for
> Oracle CRS, Database, and Recovery Files.
> One of the option specifies the storage option could be 'shared raw
> logical volume'. Does this mean we can use NFS mounted file systems?
>
> Another question i've is can some one give the simple storage option we
> can go for installing Oracle RAC for understanding/testing purpose with
> two database instances in the cluster.
>
> Thanks,
> Krishna

I know you said you are on Solaris, but in addition to the other suggestions, I would *highly* recommend the following book...

http://julian.dyke.users.btopenworld.com/com/Books/Contents.html , or for the commericial link...

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Oracle-Database-Linux-Administration/dp/1590595246/sr=8-1/qid=1166038549/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2443750-3020165?ie=UTF8&s=books

It is the single best soup to nuts overview of RAC I have ever read.

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 13:37:54 CST