PGA & Open_Cursors

From: qAnand <anandramaswamy74_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2006 07:12:58 -0800

Hi All,

     I was going throught the Oracle Concepts guide where in it was described that every server process has its own PGA and PGA consists of Private SQL area (persistent & runtime area). The persistent area of PGA deals with cursors (implicit & explicit).

My question is, whenever a cursors are opened in a particular session, does it take space in the same persistent area of Private SQL area, or new areas are alloted for each cursor?
If this is true, can we have more than one Private SQL area for a session based on Open_Cursors parameter?

Thanks
qA Received on Wed Nov 29 2006 - 09:12:58 CST