upgrade from solaris 8 to solaris 10 with Oracle 9i database

From: Bruce <brucemcgill.nyc_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2006 06:54:54 -0800

Hello All,

    I have a Sun Fire V250 with 6X72 GB HDDs. Two of them are mirrored to each other while the rest are configured as RAID 5. The RAID 5 devices run Oracle 9i and Oracle EBusiness suite. I have been asked to upgrade to Solaris 10. I have no problem regarding downtime as it is a standby server. Will the upgrade go smoothly? Solaris 8 uses DiskSuite whereas Solaris 10 comes with SVM. If I go with the "PRESERVE" option, will the data stay intact? Has anyone faced any problem?

Please reply,

Best Regards,
Bruce. Received on Wed Nov 29 2006 - 08:54:54 CST