Re: How to connect with a Java JMS server from Oracle ?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:47:04 +0100

Steve Howard schreef:

> Francesco wrote:

>> Solution 1 #
>> I have read about Oracle Advanced Queue system but does it require
>> Oracle Application Server ?
>> In our project we are using another middleware (Bea Weblogic), so we
>> need to use its jms server.

> No, you do not need the app serve for AQ.

Oh yes you do - you cannot use the InterConnect AQ adapter without at least a Webcache and Java Application Server install.
As the OP refers to middleware and AQ System, he must be referring to interconnect.

Just to use queues, no, no Application Server is needed.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...