Re: How to connect with a Java JMS server from Oracle ?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2006 08:25:49 -0800

Francesco wrote:
> Solution 1 #
> I have read about Oracle Advanced Queue system but does it require
> Oracle Application Server ?
> In our project we are using another middleware (Bea Weblogic), so we
> need to use its jms server.

No, you do not need the app serve for AQ.

> Solution 2 #
>
> I thought I could write a plain Java class that sends/receives jms
> messages and load it into Oracle, anyway Jms Api aren't part of the
> standard JDK but they need to be added to Oracle classpath somehow

If by "load it into Oracle" you mean inside the database JVM, you can use loadjava to load any third party java classes in to the Oracle JVM in the database. These are then accessible from java classes you write that are wrapped by PL/SQL objects. You can find doco on this at tahiti.oracle.com

HTH, Steve Received on Tue Nov 28 2006 - 10:25:49 CST