Re: How to connect with a Java JMS server from Oracle ?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:50:22 +0100

Francesco schreef:
> Hi all oracle users,
> I need to communicate with a Java JMS Server from within a Stored
> Procedure.
> What is the ** easiest ** way ?
>
> Solution 1 #
> I have read about Oracle Advanced Queue system but does it require
> Oracle Application Server ?
> In our project we are using another middleware (Bea Weblogic), so we
> need to use its jms server.
>
> Solution 2 #
>
> I thought I could write a plain Java class that sends/receives jms
> messages and load it into Oracle, anyway Jms Api aren't part of the
> standard JDK but they need to be added to Oracle classpath somehow
> ....? (how ? )
>
> Hope somebody can gives me a clue.....
>
> Thanks
> Francesco

Just call the stored procedure. Oracle supports jdbc connections, your connection string would be something along the line of: @machine.domain:listener_port:SID, e.g. @dbserver.pride.it:1521:ORCL

What does the sp return anyway? A string (number/...) or a result set in the form of a ref cursor?

http://asktom.oracle.com may be of help

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel