Re: OK here is the scenario

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2006 17:16:45 -0700

Doug Jones wrote:
> Well, here is a new question. I completed the recovery of the
> database... however I had no access to the enterprise database console
> via IExplorer..... so I guessed :) I went to database configuration and
> got it set up in there... it asked what password to use for everyone
> and I entered the same password.... oddly it will no longer let me into
> the database... it says my password is invalid.... is there a way to
> reset the password?
>
> Doug
>
> Questions never end......

Doug:

First of all, don't top post in this group. That means, page down to the bottom of your reply before typing (or you can interleave your reply). Also, trim out anything you are not responding to. Some more info about interacting with this group:
http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm Note you can use google groups advanced search ordering by date to answer many of your questions ( http://groups.google.com/advanced_search ).

This group has many people willing to help, but not too many willing to lead you by the hand through a tutorial. You should start with the Oracle Backup and Recovery Concepts at http://tahiti.oracle.com . Other backup books show examples. If you type in duplicate database in the tahiti search engine it will show many interesting things.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Triple play!