Re: Case in embedded SQL for Oracle 9

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:08:06 +0100

On 3 Oct 2006 15:44:47 -0700, Semyon.Levin_at_tsx.com wrote:

>Can I use Case-When-Then-Else in C++ for Oracle 9 ? And if 'yes', are
>there any restrictions, compare with PL/SQL ?

 What happened when you tried it?

 You can use it in SQL - whether it's in C++ or any other host language is usually not relevant - except perhaps with the Pro*C precompiler which doesn't tend to keep up very well with new SQL constructs.

 The restrictions on CASE between SQL and SQL-within-PL/SQL that were in 8i were removed in 9i.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool