Re: Quick sqlplus cr/lf question

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:04:36 -0400

"BD" <robert.drea_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154710451.477224.161700_at_75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
:
: > if you post you SQL you could get some quick help
:
: Mark: Thanks for the offer to look... My entire script, and the results
: of the permutations, are posted earlier in this thread.
:
: > So, if you're referring to the column headings not being displayed, it's
not
: > a side-affect, it's the intended affect of the command. Or are you
saying
: > that the the column header definitions are no longer defined in the
SQL*Plus
: > session (ie. when you TYPE COLUMN you don't see your column heading
: > definitions)
:
: if I set pagesize 0, the headers do not appear. If I set pagesize 200,
: the headers do not appear. If I do not set pagesize, the headers do
: appear, but I get the pagebreak headers, and I'm seeing cr/lfs in my
: SELECT <comment info> FROM DUAL statements.
:
: The apparent connection between pagesize and _both_ defined headers and
: cr/lf is my frustration.
:

i took a brief look

you don't have any sql posted that includes chr(10), so that problem can't be diagnoses

not sure waht you mean by _both_ defined headers or what you mean by pagebreak headers

your SELECT ... FROM DUAL statements are unnecessary. simply use the PROMPT command. The only reason to ever do a SELECT ... FROM DUAL is if you need to evaluate and display the results of a SQL expression -- simple comments can more easily and efficiently be displayed with PROMPT.

++ mcs Received on Fri Aug 04 2006 - 12:04:36 CDT