Re: Quick sqlplus cr/lf question

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Aug 2006 10:46:18 -0700

> you don't have any sql posted that includes chr(10), so that problem can't
> be diagnoses

Ah yes - well, I tried _exactly_ what you had suggested, including the pipes. Here's the line I used, and the result:

--SELECT STATEMENT

select '*********************' || chr(10) ||,
       'TRAINING SLICE COUNTS' || chr(10) ||,
       '*********************' || chr(10)
from dual;

-ERROR
select '*********************' || chr(10) ||,
                                      *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00936: missing expression

BUT - the 'prompt' works, and does make more sense. Thanks for that.

> not sure waht you mean by _both_ defined headers or what you mean by
> pagebreak headers

As to the headers: here is what I _want_ to see:

TRAINING SLICE COUNTS
Owner      Table                                USER1      USER2
---------- ------------------------------ ----------- ----------
SCHEMA1      TB_ACCOUNT                             189        194
SCHEMA2      TB_ACCOUNTINFO                         189        194
.

.
.
--UNTIL END OF DATA With no 'set pagesize' line, I get that, but after 63 lines of data, the 'Owner', 'Table' and two USER headers appear again. I believe I see why they do, in that this would seem to be the 'page break' point in the output. But if I put 'set pagesize 0', or 'set pagesize <any value>, I see the following:

TRAINING SLICE COUNTS
SCHEMA1      TB_ACCOUNT                             189        194
SCHEMA2      TB_ACCOUNTINFO                         189        194
.
.

.
.
--UNTIL END OF DATA In other words, the headers which I defined with my 'column' statements are simply not there - even at the very top. Granted, the data in the report appears uninterrupted by a repeat of the column header information... but it's not quite what I'd like.

This is not a BIG deal, and I'll take the repeating headers over no headers. But ideally, for the purposes of my reporting, I would like to see them once - ONLY once. ;) Received on Fri Aug 04 2006 - 12:46:18 CDT