Packages - for real or just gimmick?

From: <ds_lewis_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 15:22:57 -0700

I'm a newbie to Oracle. I walked onto a contract job where they are just switching to Oracle and I'd like to help them get started off in the right direction.

Do packages really provide something valuable from a design perspective? I've seen some example code but the descriptions have been somewhat vague as any actual benefits from using packages.

Thanks,

Targus Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 17:22:57 CDT