Re: Packages - for real or just gimmick?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 22:20:18 +0800

ds_lewis_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm a newbie to Oracle. I walked onto a contract job where they are
> just switching to Oracle and I'd like to help them get started off in
> the right direction.
>
> Do packages really provide something valuable from a design
> perspective? I've seen some example code but the descriptions have
> been somewhat vague as any actual benefits from using packages.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Targus

Without being too overly a marketer...my book has a coverage of this and many other things related to PLSQL usage.

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."