Re: Packages - for real or just gimmick?

From: <mjbox01_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2006 18:41:27 -0700

ds_lewis_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Do packages really provide something valuable from a design
> perspective? I've seen some example code but the descriptions have
> been somewhat vague as any actual benefits from using packages.

I suppose it depends on your point of view, which you could probably determine by thinking about the following situation.

If you have a PC, do you use folders or do you just keep everything on the C drive?

If it is the latter you will probably not find packages very useful.

They also are somewhat more efficient at handling loading code into memory, but not so that you would typically notice from a performance pesrpective. Received on Thu Jun 01 2006 - 20:41:27 CDT