Re: Different OS versions between Test and Prod

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:40:23 -0700

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:59:14 -0800, Dave wrote:
>

>> Am I being anal?

> Yes, you are. I've installed database 9.2, 10.1 and 10.2 on both Solaris 8
> and Solaris 10, without a single problem. I even cloned database using
> RMAN from Solaris8 box to a Solaris 10. Works perfectly well.

Still going to respectfully disagree. That you haven't had problems does not mean that no one will ever have a problem or that you won't have a problem with use of other functionality currently not used.

Given the ease with which systems can be backed up and operating systems changed why the all the resistance to what would, at most, be a half-day's work?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org