Re: Oracle 10g: Advanced Replication and Streams

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:47:29 -0700

ibm_97_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Are there any papers/docs available to compare the pros and cons
> between Advanced Replication and Streams? (For data replication purpose
> only).
>
> Thanks a lot!

I'm not personally aware of a comparison paper but you might wish to look at http://otn.oracle.com.

But from my experience Advanced Replication was a nightmare requiring a rocket scientist to build it and a team of engineers to maintain it. Streams is far easier to implement, far easier to maintain, and far better at handling what are essential elements of any replication process as it is asynchronous and based on AQ.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org