Re: Different OS versions between Test and Prod

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:38:22 -0700

Bob Jones wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message

>> Bob Jones wrote:
>>> How would they affect OP's existing Oracle applications?

>>> That's entirely a different issue.
>> In what way?
>>
>> The point is to demonstrate that one can not reliably test on one
>> operating system and the move, in production, to another. The
>> example is perfectly appropriate.
>> --

> How does your example demonstrate the above? Read your own messages and see
> if they make any sense. I am telling you they are not even remotely close.
> So quite wasting my time or everybody else's by posting this kind of
> thoughtless comments.

Is it your belief that there are no credible issues related to running one version of an operating system in test and another in production? That you would sign off on a migration plan where production code was never tested against the production operating system?

How thoughtless of me.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org