Re: QUESTION: Install frustration on Windows

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2006 15:29:58 -0800

Oracle 8i is no longer supported so, unless somebody hit the same issue and still remembers how to fix it you are more or less on your own. It sounds to me like you've got some DBA experience under the hood (started to manually create the database and so on), so if I were you I would just forget about the "nice" little Java based assistant and create the net files by hand as well.

Cheers,
Valentin Received on Wed Mar 01 2006 - 17:29:58 CST