Re: Like OracleXE

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Mar 2006 15:15:15 -0800

Don wrote:

>Is there a easy way to "replicate" data from other Oracle database to XE?

Although I don't have that environment any more, I believe I used the beta to create database links to my production db and created a bunch of grants and synonyms to access it. Which implies the ability to CTAS, very fast way to propagate. Hope I'm not misremembering, I've done a bunch of similar things before XE came out, using windows AT commands to refresh CTAS over a network.

But if all else fails, I just did an exp/imp from 9iR2 to a beta XE, no problem. It's taking longer to type this post in than ftp and imp.

I think Jim's and your ideas are going to be the biggest use of XE, I've been intending to do it to stem the budding of all these access databases and excel spreadsheets too, just too busy doing regular work with deadlines to get it done. Now that it is officially production I have more feelgood about it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Who audits the auditors?