Re: Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database

From: kwr2k <Kanwar.Plaha_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 15:41:38 -0800

No your contempt for anything but your western megalomaniac ideas need to be addressed with an example (pay attention Daniel):

My father-in-law who is a Type 2 diabetic was recently diagnosed with heart trouble as well as failing kidneys -- when I say recently, I mean 6-8 months ago. He went to his allopathic GP who advised him at least a dozen different tablets and capsules (which I will intentionally call drugs to force the pun) to pop every day to "live as long as he can". He was obviously quite disappointed and dejected. They even warned him he would have to go under the surgeon's knife for his kidneys and get at least one replace (his kidneys are at 30% efficiency).

However, my father recommended him to try two ROFL treatments (hold your breath now) homeopathy and yoga. Thankfully he took the advice and ditched the 1020 different drugs. Today, he feels fitter than he was a year ago and recovering quickly. He does an hour of yoga in the mornings and takes one does of homeopathic medicine each night.

Sorry Daniel, but he decided not to pay your monopolies and make them fatter. Sorry, he didn't care for the billion dollar research (every year???) that these companies say they put in (when in actual fact, they are taking ideas right out of alternative medicines like ayurveda and promoting them with media friendly names). Hypocrisy is one thing the western society teaches you so well, doesn't it?

Sorry to everyone on this list. Time and again, one has to stand up and be counted against this western superiority complex. Isn't that exactly what the open-source/free software is doing to the Oracles and Microsofts of the world. Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 17:41:38 CST