Re: Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 20:42:03 -0600

On 23 Feb 2006, Kanwar.Plaha_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Time and again, one has to stand up and be counted against this
> western superiority complex.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with Western superiority complex and much more to do with Western propaganda prompted by monied interests. A perfect example is chiropractic care. A good chiropractor can cure all sorts of pains while "modern" medicine might perscribed surgery. Why doesn't the medical community recognize chiropractic care, or better yet, make it part of medical curriculum?

Probably quite similar to homeopathy care.

I guess this propaganda can translate to Westerners seemingly sounding like they feel superior, because, I guess we do. For good reason many times, but, yes, we westerners still should learn humility. There's lots to learn from other practices beyond those which we deem worthy.

--
Galen Boyer