Re: Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:59:18 +0100

kwr2k schrieb:
> No your contempt for anything but your western megalomaniac ideas need
> to be addressed with an example (pay attention Daniel):
>
> My father-in-law who is a Type 2 diabetic was recently diagnosed with
> heart trouble as well as failing kidneys -- when I say recently, I mean
> 6-8 months ago. He went to his allopathic GP who advised him at least a
> dozen different tablets and capsules (which I will intentionally call
> drugs to force the pun) to pop every day to "live as long as he can".
> He was obviously quite disappointed and dejected. They even warned him
> he would have to go under the surgeon's knife for his kidneys and get
> at least one replace (his kidneys are at 30% efficiency).
>
> However, my father recommended him to try two ROFL treatments (hold
> your breath now) homeopathy and yoga. Thankfully he took the advice and
> ditched the 1020 different drugs. Today, he feels fitter than he was a
> year ago and recovering quickly.

So he does sports. So what? If a normal doctor would recommend this he'd simly lose the patients.
Btw, whenever placebos heal, the patient ought to learn what the mind can do if you let it work.
But if some of us don't need to be lied to in order to achieve the same, you shouldn't call us megalomaniacs, ok?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 06:59:18 CST