Re: Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database

From: kwr2k <Kanwar.Plaha_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 15:28:40 -0800

> It must be fun being a zealot. Next time you get a serious infection by
> all means avail yourself of one of those alternative treatments.

> Homeopathy? ROFL!

It must be fun being a corporate culture junkie!! Because Oracle has the largest blah, no one can (or should) try to see alternatives ... hmm isn't that people like you have been saying about windows (when using unix probably all their life in the data centers?) And yes, you may ROFL but there's no denying that allopathy also is a monopoly of sorts. And yes, not to mention the patents they are pushing in the third world countries as well, where people can barely pay for daily meals. So how does it save them?
You are a typical western product, Daniel and I don't really blame you personally for that. It is your last 50 years of brainwashing that is talking. Do you know what a typical "life saving" allopathic drug costs in India? around USD 20. Do you know how much is that in INR? Its 1000. That is monthly salary for at least 40% of India. So, how far have you been from your ivory tower? My family has grown up consulting homeopathic doctors and we're doing fine, thank you! The western society started with the idea of free markets and competition (they still promote these in obscure countries around the world) but in their own backyards, its monopolies and more monopolies in every segment. You are just blindfolded by it all. Not your fault. Actually one should pity the educated westerners for this, while illiterate 3rd-world masses are making intelligent choices. Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 17:28:40 CST