Re: The charter for this newsgroup

From: <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2005 07:06:57 -0800

> Ed Prochak wrote:
>
> And the culture of the group is what
> provides the final ruling on such matters. The group is the final
> arbiter on what's topical and what's not, what's accepted, tolerated,
> or scorned behavior. Removing this from the charter would not
> necessarily make top posting accepted behavior.

Ed, very well argued.

I would prefer to not to read top posted articles but my opinions are not strong.

Much higher in priority to me is to avoid reading the endless insult trading that occurs every month in cdos and cdom. More often than not this occurs because a small number of so-called professionals reply in a tone that is not neutral or venomous. It often starts by "Don't top post" and a few more lines, nothing about Oracle.

I suggest that by removing the "top-posting" from the charter it gives on less reason for another flame war to start.

"Frank van Bortel" appends "Top-posting is one way to shut me up" to his messages. Polite, effective, and says it all.

Barry Received on Thu Dec 29 2005 - 09:06:57 CST