Re: The charter for this newsgroup

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 29 Dec 2005 06:57:26 -0800

>> A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
>> A: Top-posting.
>> Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

That's the best and most concise (not to mention polite) reply I've ever seen. Nice one :-)

But yes, perhaps the OP has never used a newsreader, so probably sees the issue as a minor iritation rather than seeing that it genuinely does make it very hard to keep up with what's going on and, therefore, offer any help.

And before all you traditionalists sneer, due to firewall restrictions at work, I too have to make do with the Google interface. Received on Thu Dec 29 2005 - 08:57:26 CST