Re: performance issues

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:29:42 +0100

vissuyk_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> ADDM reports suggested bumping up the log buffer. We originally had it
> at 1 M.
> v$db_cache_advice showed we would get 100% at 1.1 G of buffer cache,
> we only allocated 1Gig. We have 100 (sometime more, but never less)
> running heavy SQL all the time. Not all our SQL is well tuned, but as
> much as we could, we are hitting some issues when we go through Views.
> Anycase, my question is on speeding up DML.
>
> EM shows IO issues during DML (update to be specific). Any DML
> specific suggestions would be appreciated.

One thing that irritates me is that you have an update of ~ 10 million rows every 15 minutes. We don't know anything about your app but maybe it's more efficient to change that and calculate changed values during querying - if that's feasible at all.

Also, do you have rollback and data on physically separate IO channels?

Kind regards

    robert Received on Tue Dec 06 2005 - 11:29:42 CST