Re: dbca fails to create db

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 07:45:04 -0800

I repeat ... did you do a "srvctl -init + whatever parameters" before starting gsdctl?

Yes in my experience the listeners must be configured and started.

Also you will need the tnsnames.ora entries to point to the remote listeners on both sides.

Something like LISTENER_RACDB1.domain.qualifer = ( ADDRESS ...PROTOCOL=TCP blah HOST=HOST1 blah PORT=1521 ), LISTENER_RACDB2.domain.qualifer = ( listener on the other side ) ).

As Jining noted you are better off to create a new database ( which will be patched to 9.2.0.6 from updated scripts to generate data dictionary ) than using the templates. If you use a pre-built database you will have to run catpatch etc.

I think the procedures needed to run dbca on hpux rac environment are documented ( "fairly well" ) ... I am noting what I remember were sticking points.

John Received on Thu Nov 10 2005 - 09:45:04 CST