Re: core dump in oracle

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:08:12 GMT

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:09:13 -0700, kadamswapnil interested us by writing:

> dear all,
>
> i am facing a strange problem...
> if i am using a wrong sql querry in my applicaton to fetch the
> information i am getting an oracle core dump.

This is an excellent opportunity to

  1. look at your alert.log for hints, and
  2. use your support contract to discuss this with Oracle Support

You DO have a support contract for the fully patched (but unknown) version of Oracle on your supported and fully patched (but unknown version) of some OS, don't you?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com