Question about CTX and a virus on our server

From: L C <lccronin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:35:49 GMT

Hello,

Not an Oracle person so I apologize if this is the wrong group or my question doesn't make sense, but we have an Oracle server that got a couple of viruses on it - Backdoor Trojan, IRC. This caused our CTX not to start. We cleaned the viruses and it still will not start.

We start CTX by using the following batch file:

cd C:\Oracle\Ora92\bin
ctxsrv.exe -user ctxsys/ctxsys_at_Database1

We get a quick message that flashes something about authentication and listener

We have Oracle 9i on a 2003 Advanced server

Any thoughts as to what I could try.

Thanks Larry C Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 10:35:49 CDT