Re: Question about CTX and a virus on our server

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:48:54 +0200

L C wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not an Oracle person so I apologize if this is the wrong group or my
> question doesn't make sense, but we have an Oracle server that got a couple
> of viruses on it - Backdoor Trojan, IRC. This caused our CTX not to start.
> We cleaned the viruses and it still will not start.
>
> We start CTX by using the following batch file:
>
> cd C:\Oracle\Ora92\bin
> ctxsrv.exe -user ctxsys/ctxsys_at_Database1
>
> We get a quick message that flashes something about authentication and
> listener
>
> We have Oracle 9i on a 2003 Advanced server
>
> Any thoughts as to what I could try.
>
> Thanks Larry C

Your problem was not context, but an instance that was not coming online... That should be solved by now.

But ctxsrv.exe is really not the way to use context anymore... It's sooooo 8.0 :)

Why not resync (alter index parameter ('sync'))your indexes as and when required (triggers!) and/or schedule an optimizing job? See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:13864684037579864516::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:238814521769

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel