Re: [ODBC, Windows] How to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on a 9.2 client?

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_spam.la>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:20:12 +0200

"hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:1125491648.470905.55490 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Have you tried the 9.2.0.7 patchset that is recently out for windows?
>
> The installer included with that patchset (guessing) should work with
> what you have.

I just tried it, and it doesn't work. The Installer version number is 10.1.0.4.0, and like the 10g Installer I tried before, it requires a products.xml file which the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver doesn't come with (it comes with products.jar as required by the 2.2 installers). Opening products.jar with the 10g installer results in the following error message:

"The specified staging area is not supported by the current OUI. To install from a shiphome containing products.har, please use OUI 2.3.x (or previous)."

So, I'm being pointed to that "phantom installer" again which according to Oracle doesn't exist.

Any other ideas?

Is there ANYONE who managed to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on 9.2 at all?

Thanks for any help
W. Rösler Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 03:20:12 CDT