Re: How to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on a 9.2 client?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 07:30:58 -0700

My idea was to check out what is in the 9.2.0.7 patchset. It should have a bunch of maintenance included and as part of it, include patches that were not previously part of a patchset.

In other words, maybe your ODBC driver is included with the 9.2.0.7 patchset ... or an even better version ( well later version anyhow ).

So instead of using the 9.2.0.7 installer to try to install the patch you are looking at, use it or at least evaluate it to install the 9.2.0.7 patchset.

I haven't looked specifically at the patch you are trying to install.

Usually patchsets go in via the OUI but individual patches go in via "opatch" a perl script instead of via the OUI.

So another explanation is that maybe you are just using the wrong tool to try to install your ODBC patch.

There should be a README somewhere in your patch that notes exactly how to install it. Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 09:30:58 CDT