Getting ora-04068 errors intermittently

From: Excerion <excerion_at_mail.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2005 01:42:41 -0700

Hi

Im making an access app that uses Oracle9i as its database and just recently im starting to get these ora-04068 errors.

the error itself is always about one particular package in the database that i've made. Now the common cause for this type of error from what i've read is that the package was recompiled at the sametime as a user was using the package.

Unfortunately this cannot be the case for me since the database has always been untouched when the users are getting this error.

I've also read that if packages / procedures that are used in my package gets recompiled that the same error will occur. I'm using this SQL to check for invalid dependencies :

SELECT *
  FROM all_objects t
 WHERE t.object_name IN
       (SELECT d.REFERENCED_NAME
          FROM ALL_DEPENDENCIES d
         WHERE d.NAME = 'PACKAGE_NAME'

But i have yet to find any dependencies that is invalid, and as i said before no one is tampering with the database while these errors occur.

So does anyone have any ideas ? Received on Thu Sep 01 2005 - 03:42:41 CDT