Re: Oracle Java Question

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:37:23 GMT

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:53:08 -0700, amerar interested us by writing:

> We are using a Java routine installed within our Oracle database to
> send email.

Greatest curiosity ... Oracle supplies the UTL_SMTP PL/SQL package (at no added charge) to handle mail from the database ...

Is there something wrong with the package that it doesn't suit your needs?

(I'm assuming you are using a supported version of the database and you have read the "Oracle9i Supplied PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference" or " PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference for Oracle 10g" documentation at http://docs.oracle.com)

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com