Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Larry <larry_at_larry.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:38:47 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Well yes .NET is part of the problem. As you discovered not the entire
> problem ... but .NET is not the tool of choice with Oracle for the
> simple reason that Microsoft sees Oracle as a competitor.

Sure they're competitors. But Oracle knows they are the market leader in DB and they also know that there are a LOT of dotnet programmers that need to interface with their server. They most certainly want to put out the best product they can so that dotnet programmers can get the most out of their product.

And thats why it didn't sound right when our DBA's blamed dotnet. Oracle corp will do whatever it can to make its product work well with dotnet. And they have.

Here is an entire Oracle site dedidcated to dotnet programmers. http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/dotnet/index.html

Anyway, one big hurdle out of the way. Now it's time to move on to the next one.

Larry Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 11:38:47 CDT